PROPHET64 & MSSIAH Userforum

Official information and support forum for
MSSIAH and all PROPHET64 versions.

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-07-07 13:19:49

importeur3

Screen installed

I now have a PSone screen installed in my c64.

Still to add

Switches to select whether the screen takes audio or not (reduces the audio signal out of the other ports if it does).

a mounting bracket.

a plug so i can unplug/mount the screen easily, and swap it between this c64 and my cynthcart c64s..

the bracket is the next thing though...

oh man.. my c64 is changing so much...

slorrin

#2 2006-07-07 13:20:29

importeur3

Re: Screen installed

DAMN, Please take some pictures of your decked out C64. Does the image lookgood?

Circuit Master

#3 2006-07-07 13:21:07

importeur3

THe image has a slight pattern of vertical bars that are slightly visible. This was the case before i installed the sceen though, and was just using A/V in

Right now, it looks worthless, as there is a ribbon cable coming out  of the top of the case extending about 1 foot, and leading to the screen.

I need to cut the cable, install a mini din 4 jack (4 cables, 2 audio, 1 vidio, 1 gnd) on the end of it, a mini din plug on the screen, a mounting bracket with a hinge, and a clip to hold the cable securely. The din plug is so i can easily remove the screen if necessary and use it elsewhere if necessary, though i don't plan on removing it often.

I'm debating adding 4 pots, but as i only use the sequencer and haven't found any use for the mono synth or bassline yet, i'm not sure i need them.. more later!

slorrin

#4 2006-07-10 07:45:19

Slorrin
PROPHET64 GURU

I posted some pictures.. the picture on the screen is crisp, but the whole mod is lacking in aesthetic quality smile

Board footer